THE PROMOTION AND DEVELOPMENT OF GAELIC GAMES IN BRITAIN: APPOINTMENTS
We currently have one open vacancy:- Closing date Friday 17th January 2020
The Provincial Council of Britain is an equal opportunities employer. Salary scale will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and all candidates will have to complete a satisfactory DBS check.
Position: Community Development Administrator, Gloucestershire GAA
Role Purpose: The Job Holder is responsible for the implementation of GAA & GGCB Games Development Policy within Gloucestershire GAA area.
Province: Provincial Council of Britain (Britain GAA)
Reports/accountable to: Provincial Secretary & Games Development Manager, (Britain GAA)
1. Organise and coordinate the delivery of development and provision of the following for PCB & Gloucestershire GAA area:- Games Opportunities: A regular program of games appropriate to the age and ability of the various playing groups at Child/Primary, Youth/Secondary and Adult/Third Level.
Skill Development Initiatives: Coaching and skill development Initiatives appropriate to the age and ability of the various playing groups at Child/Primary, Youth/Secondary and Adult/Third Level.
Education: A program of courses and workshops appropriate to the requirements of Coaches, Administrators and Referees to fulfil their various functions in a Games Development context having regard for various formal, non-formal and informal methods of learning i.e. mentoring, communities of practice etc. which are complemented by the GAA’s educational resources e.g. the Digital Online Education System for Coaching, Administrative and Refereeing Effectiveness (DOES CARE).
Support Initiatives: Initiatives to support the development of a sustainable sports system by managing the identification, recruitment and training of key personnel within Clubs, Schools and Province to effectively develop Gaelic Games in the community.
2. Support the implementation of activities through practical inputs where required.
3. Report on implementation of activities on a weekly basis – and as requested – to the Provincial Secretary & GDM of Britain GAA and particularly ensure data relating to the implementation of activities is available on a quarterly basis through use of the Master Schedule template.
4. Maintain key lines of communication with Clubs, Schools and relevant Community groups, to ensure the effective promotion of Gaelic Games through Club School and Community links as well as supporting the Irish diaspora and emigrant community in Gloucestershire & Britain.
5. Liaise with Provincial and County Games Development Personnel and attend meetings and personnel training as required, to support the development of the function and the role.
6. Complete any other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Provincial Secretary & GDM or the County Games Development Committee.
· At least 2 years’ experience of working in the GAA or similar sporting organisation (Voluntary or Professional Capacity);
· Clear and detailed knowledge of the GAA’s coaching schemes and initiatives;
· Foundation Level GAA Coaching Qualification;
· Experience of coaching and development in both hurling and Gaelic football.
· Award 1 GAA Coaching Qualification;
· Tutor qualification;
· Relevant third level Degree in the area of sports & coaching.
· Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills;
· Excellent administrative and IT skills with a strong working knowledge of IT related packages and systems;
· Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written);
· Excellent relationship and conflict management skills; ability to be flexible and handle challenging situations;
· Ability to work independently on own initiative and perform as part of a team;
· Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines; hands-on approach to getting things done with a demonstrable ability to work well under pressure;
· Own car with a full clean driving license;
· Ability to work and attend evening and weekend meetings/activities in addition to normal day to day activities.
Candidates interested in the above role should apply by sending an up to date cover letter and Curriculum Vitae to the below, on or before 3pm Friday 17th January 2020.
Secretary, Provincial Council of Britain GAA
20-22 Wenlock Road
London N1 7GU.