What commitment is required from the applicant?
– Complete an application form with UK Coaching and telephone discussion or face to face interview with a Lead
– Attend an all day ‘orientation day’ to be arranged in advance – either midweek or weekend.
– During the ‘orientation day’ applicants will work with an allocated UK Coaching Trainer and you will go through
the contents of their current safeguarding module and be trained on the delivery of the workshop. The Trainer
will assess throughout.
– Following the ‘orientation day’ you will be required to deliver a safeguarding workshop either individually or as a
Co-tutor. Again, applicants will be assessed by the UK Coaching Trainer
– Willingness to support their own and other counties in the delivery of safeguarding workshops
– Be available to deliver mid-week and weekend courses.
– Be prepared to travel throughout their own county and support other counties.
– Courses are 3 hours long and tutor is required to be at venue at least half-hour before in order to set up before
participants arrive. Also, allow half hour tidy up at end of session (4 hours minimum commitment)
– Complete ongoing update training via UK Coaching
What qualifications/certificates and experience is required?
Proven attendance at a UK Coaching Safeguarding Workshop.
• Evidence of certification will be required.
• Details of date and venue of course will be required
• Must be a valid certificate (completed within the last 3 years)
Hold a recognised teaching/tutoring qualification
• Acceptable certificates eg PGCE, CertEd, PTTLLS, ADL, DTLLS, CTLLS
Knowledge of safeguarding and child protection, current issues and the infrastructure of support available both
within sport and outside of sport
Experience of appropriately handling sensitive information and disclosures, and implementing child protection
Ability to identify and promote good practice within coaching and sport
Good IT and communication skills
Once qualified to deliver our safeguarding workshops, tutors will be afforded the following reimbursements:
• Mileage (from home to venues) will be paid at 40p per mile, on the submission of mileage claim form.
• Accommodation fees, as and when agreed in advance.
• Course supplies, where appropriate
• Course completion fee of £105.00
• Tutors will require access to IT (ie laptop) etc for the display of power-point training slides
Initial Application Process:
Inform your County Secretary of your wish to become a Safeguarding Workshop Tutor. Please copy into your
communication the GGCB Children’s Officer – Julie Duffy – email@example.com
• Confirm your contact details
• Confirm your attendance at a UK Coaching Safeguarding Workshop, date and venue
• Confirm what teaching/tutoring qualification you have and your certificate date.
• Provide a small paragraph stating why you wish to apply for such role.
Applicants will be reviewed and those selected will be put forward to UK Coaching for their application process.
Closing date: Sunday 9th February 2020